What was Kevin Spacey asked about at the Tashkent Film Festival?
Within the framework of the XV Tashkent International Film Festival "Pearl of the Silk Road" a master class was held with the participation of Hollywood star Kevin Spacey.
This is one of the titled actors of our time. He won an Oscar for his role in the movie "American Beauty", and also took another statuette for "Suspicious Faces".
Kevin Spacey has also been honored with awards from the US Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA, Golden Globe, and Tony Awards. Some of his outstanding works are "House of Cards", "Planet Ka-Pax", "Secrets of Los Angeles", "The Negotiator", "The Life of David Gale", "Seven" and many others.
Kevin Spacey's arrival caused a stir, the hall of the movie house "Renaissance" was filled and almost everyone wanted to ask him a question. However, the regulations of the meeting was limited in time and "broke through" few.
One thing is certain, the meeting was as open as possible, Kevin answered all the questions in detail. Instantly the feeling of some "stardom" disappeared, in front of the audience was an ordinary man who once chose a difficult path and decided to become an actor.
One of the audience in the hall after the master class emotionally remarked:
"This is a professional of his work with incredible charisma. He clearly knows how to hold himself in public, what to say and at the same time, polite and respectful with other people. At the same time, he didn't miss an opportunity to make a joke and clearly felt like a fish in water. Only good impressions were left after the meeting.
Of course, it was necessary to attend the meeting to get a feel for the atmosphere. Let's share the main moments that made the meeting with Kevin Spacey memorable. What was interesting to the audience and what questions were asked at the creative meeting - in our selection.
- I am a young director, what advice can you give to the younger generation to create a strong movie character?
- It all starts with the director's understanding of what one wants to show the viewer, what message you want to convey to the audience. In order to make a quality movie and succeed, it is enough to gather all the members of the team and discuss the author's idea of the movie. A director's job is to see the whole scene as a whole, like a painting, where the actors are the colors in the director's picture. It is a high art to be able to create a palette and complement it with shades.
- What advice do you have for students from the film industry?
- Your country has a rich cinematic history, so you need to study it more and put it into practice. Always study, watch as many movies as you can because they are very interesting and useful for your future career.
- How did you become who you are now?
- I had to face a lot of difficulties as a child. However, I learned from my mistakes and attended film classes and theaters. After doing different roles in movies, I knew the happiness of being an actor and was inspired to play different characters. It helped me a lot to overcome various problems in life.
- What does a girl from Uzbekistan need to do to be noticed by big American producers?
- I am a person who grew up in a simple family and worked my way up. I just really believed that I would be a professional actor and studied a lot to become one. So, you also need to believe in it and work hard on yourself.
- You, as well as other international movie stars, including Brad Pitt, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, are some of the best actors of today. Could you tell us or show us a few techniques on how to stand in front of the camera in close-ups and medium shots?
- That's an interesting question. Actually, these techniques are gradually mastered with practice. The most important thing in acting is to take care to understand what the director wants from you in a particular movie and to react promptly to it.