Bollywood star Mithun Chakraborty visited Tashkent within the framework of the International Film Festival.
The actor met with journalists yesterday and shared his views on New Uzbekistan and Uzbek cinema, reports the press service of the Cinema Agency.
Mithun Chakraborty: "I have been to many places in Uzbekistan but Tashkent is my favorite."
- We are glad to see you in Uzbekistan, you have been here before. What changes have you noticed so far? What surprised you?
- I first came to Tashkent while working on the film, we stayed here for a month. Arriving in Tashkent today, I did not hide my surprise. When I saw the big change at the airport, I felt like I was in a European city. Uzbekistan and India have always had close friendly relations, and today these relations continue not only in films and TV series, but in all spheres. I can say that when I arrived in Tashkent, I saw that Uzbekistan entered a new stage of development, became more developed and beautiful.
- Can you describe the new Uzbekistan in three words?
- "Amazing, beautiful, hospitable."
- What can you say about the role of Uzbek films in Central Asia?
- They have to go on a new level technically. The Uzbek film industry needs to strengthen foreign cooperation. I want Uzbek films to be watched in the world.
- What is your favorite city in Uzbekistan?
- I have been to many places in Uzbekistan but Tashkent is my favorite.
- In your opinion, what opportunities does New Uzbekistan offer to the world through the Tashkent International Film Festival?
- At the moment, I can say that the holding of the Tashkent International Film Festival in Uzbekistan is a very important event. Many stars come from all over the world. Such events enhance the image of the state. Here, each celebrity shares his or her memories, impressions. The opinion of celebrities certainly does not go unnoticed for many.
- What matters to you in life? What are you afraid of losing?
- I am a film actor and a father of four. I am the head of the family. I always want to be loved, to be needed, and I always try to share this love. Family is the most important thing for me, I am afraid of losing it. Cinema is part of my life. At meetings, you are surrounded by people who ask for autographs and say they love you. This is also the happiness that the Creator has given us. But the love of my family is what matters most to me.